Experience: 5+ Years.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Chennai, Remote.
We are looking for a skilled Security Engineer to analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues. You will include the appropriate security analysis, defences and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable software.
To succeed in this role, You would need to have detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You should have worked on at least one large enterprise level application security project – (web, cross platform and native mobile applications) over the course of a few years. Prior experience with applications where a mistake or oversight can cause issues (financial, personnel, operations related), are a great indicator that the resource will fit well.
You will be required to maintain current knowledge of security threats and vulnerabilities that could impact products and their technology stack components, and help product teams identify solutions that meet security requirements.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Review security test results from vulnerability scans, penetration testing for true positives and propose appropriate remediation measures or mitigation controls.
- Experience in securing web applications (including XSS, CSRF, 2FA/MFA, SSL, JWTs, SQL injection).
- Strong Cryptography Skills—Application Encryption.
- Working knowledge in Static AppSec Testing (SAST).
- Working knowledge in Dynamic AppSec Testing (DAST).
- Working knowledge in Threat Modeling.
- Ability to work with multiple team/projects.
- Hands-on experience with scripting (Python or Bash).
- Acting as SME on application security processes and technology.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Typically 5 years of experience, 3 years in securing web applications, mobile applications, and vulnerability management.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the secure software development life cycle, SAST, DAST, and penetration testing.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
If you think you fit in with the above requirements, we’d love to talk to you about working in our organization.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw LLc. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and, cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 100 years of combined work-experience, the 100+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tool for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Mumbai, Pune and Chennai in India.