Experience: 7+ Years.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Chennai, Remote.
We are searching for a meticulous and experienced Data Architect to join our talented team. Your central responsibility as the Data Architect will be to develop, optimize and oversee our company’s conceptual and logical data systems. Your duties may include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations.
To succeed in this role, you should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You should have worked on at least five large enterprise level data projects – (web, cross platform and native mobile applications) over the course of a few years. Prior experience with applications where a mistake or oversight can cause issues (financial, personnel, operations related), are a great indicator that the resource will fit well.
You will also be required to submit reports to management that outline the changing data needs of our clients and come up with related solutions.Align the enterprise portfolio with business data needs and objectives.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Review customer’s data architecture strategy. Ensure the architecture supports the requirements of the business process.
- Experience in Data Modeling.
- Hands on experience in AWS/Azure/GCP based Big Data Engineering.
- Identify problems and issues affecting multiple areas and facilitate their resolution.
- Effectively anticipates and evaluates impacts of problem solutions that affect multiple areas of the organization.
- Demonstrable experience in Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Cassandra e.t.c).
- Consistently suggests possible alternative approaches or points of view.
- Takes the risk to address difficult issues, standing firm when necessary, for the betterment of the company, department or process.
- Experience in architecting and implementing Data Warehouse / Data Lake solutions.
- Be an expert in designing and implementing Data Pipelines, ETL/ELT.
- Good command of Data Visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau e.t.c).
- Strong programming skills (Scala, Java, Python)
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
Typically 10 years of experience, 7 years in application program development.
Strong knowledge of Product Development, Enterprise level architecture, distributed systems, cloud architecture, and strong networking knowledge.
Requires in-depth knowledge of the design and development of the architecture as well as the data model used for reporting and business solutions.
Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
If you think you fit in with the above requirements, we’d love to talk to you about working in our organization.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw LLc. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and, cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 100 years of combined work-experience, the 100+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tool for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Mumbai, Pune and Chennai in India.