Lead Data Scientist
Experience: 5-10 Years.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Chennai or Mumbai.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include Identity, develop and implement the appropriate Computer Vision algorithms and Deep learning / ML Models to create new, scalable solutions that address business challenges across industry domains, as well as provide actionable insights with a clear impact on ROI. Define and develop, maintain and evolve data models, tools and capabilities. Communicate your findings to the appropriate teams through visualisations. Collaborate and communicate findings to diverse stakeholders. Ability to build, train and lead a team of data scientists.
- Bachelors/ Masters/ PhD degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Machine Learning, Statistics or related technical degree with the ability to break complex business problems.
- 5-10 years total experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related position, as a
data scientist building computer vision solutions for various types of business problems.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms and deep
learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch.
- Minimum 3 years of Programming background and expertise in building models using at
least one of the following languages: Python, R, Java, C, C++.
- Implementation of deep learning-based models for image classification, Document
classification models, object detection, logo detection, Object tracking.
- Strong individual planning and project management skills, able to juggle multiple tasks and
priorities Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
- Strong storytelling & articulation skills – ability to convert the analytical output into clear,
concise, and persuasive insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience.
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting with all
management levels; Prior experience in providing strategic analysis and consulting.
- Track record of delivering strong business results.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw LLc. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and, cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 100 years of combined work-experience, the 100+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tool for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Mumbai, Pune and Chennai in India.
If you think you fit in with the above requirements we’d love to talk to you about working in our organization.