Oﬃce location: Chennai, Mumbai. (Remote work)
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 2 to 4 years
We are looking for data engineers to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Extensive experience in data integration tools to analyse root cause and provide a fix for production and development issues.
- Design, build and integrate data from various sources.
- Skillful in ETL processes.
- Good in Understanding of Hive, Spark, Hadoop architecture and optimization.
- Experience of Spark/ Pyspark or Spark /Scala is a must.
- Good expertise on SQL.
- Experienced in Shell Scripting(Unix/Linux).
- Hands-on Experience in RDBMS.
- Good to have hands on any of the Programming Languages Java/Python/Scala.
- Knowledge of Cloud (Azure) Technologies would be a bonus.
- Possesses in-depth functional knowledge of Retail Domain.
- Automate the existing ETL pipeline/activity wherever needed.
- Working closely with data scientists and a variety of end-users.
- Needs to Maintain/Deploy the ETL code and follow the Agile methodology.
- Needs to work on optimization wherever applicable.
- Need to Handle service delivery tickets and provide support to ETL tools.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 150 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in Florida.