Oﬃce location: Chennai, Mumbai (Remote Work)
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3+ Years
You will be responsible for accurately and securely developing, using and maintaining databases for a wide range of organizations and applications. Your duties include ensuring that company databases are functional at all times, backing them up in the event of memory loss, and maintaining adherence to a data management policy.
You should have extensive knowledge of the databases under your administration, be the first respondent to database problems that arise, and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
Key Requisites :
- 3+ years of experience as a DBA.
- 3+ years of experience in working with PostgreSQL administration.
- Previously worked with multiple teams, vendors.
- Excellent debugging skills and good written and verbal communication.
- Capable of resolving L2 and L3 production issues and RCAs.
Should have Expertise in :
- Database backups, recovery, security.
- SQL development including development in functions, procedures, triggers.
- High availability and replication.
- Performance tuning and query enhancements.
- Linux and shell scripting.
- Database best practices.
- Supporting 10 TB+ sized databases.
Should be familiar with: (Good to have) :
- Basic automation.
- DB and/or OS patching.
- NOSQL querying.
- PostgreSQL plugins/extensions.
- Programming knowledge like python, R or java.
- Database design and/or data modelling.
- ETL tools like but not limited to Talend, Informatica, etc…
- Performance testing, load testing and sanity testing from DB perspective.
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience.
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 150 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in Florida.