Oﬃce location: Chennai, Mumbai (Remote Work)
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 to 8 Years
You need to be capable of understanding business requirements and meeting timelines set by the team. You will be expected to work closely with the customer to discuss and implement technical resolutions to business requirements.
Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You will also be needed to document the steps and procedures followed while coding. If you are familiar with Agile methodologies then that is a bonus.
- Participate in technical evaluations and proof of concept work.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Responsible for understanding of the entire code base, architectural considerations, build process, design and design decisions.
- Proficiency with git or other version control software.
- Keeping an intense focus on the quality of work, maintaining a low crash rate.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other developers to plan and design feature implementations and software architecture for current and future applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and reverse engineering skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Maintain documentation of all coding decisions and maintain documentation of the code itself.
- Should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capabilities to write and execute unit test cases
- Ability to work and research independently, setting goals and achieving milestones.
- Ability to understand and communicate data, infrastructure, workflow, and solution context technical specifications.
- Organizational skills, a keen sense of priority and a proven ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Should be familiar with Object Oriented Design patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology with 6+ years of equivalent experience. Minimum of 4 years of JAVA development
- Experience with development methodologies such as XP, Agile or SCRUM
- Must have solid experience in the following items: Java, Spring Boot, Micro Services , JPA, Postgre, Azure, Jenkins, Maven.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Hands on experience with API development
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc).
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 150 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in Florida.