Company name: Blackstraw.ai
Oﬃce location: Chennai, Mumbai. (Remote work)
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 to 7 years
Job Summary :
We are looking for a skilled Python developer who will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Key responsibilities for this position include :
- Be an expert in Python, with solid working knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc…
- Good familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc…
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Promote and ensure knowledge sharing, to avoid silos in the team.
- Should follow good code quality standards.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualification :
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 6 years of experience, 5+ years in bringing to life web applications, mobile applications, and machine learning frameworks.
- Good knowledge of caching technologies like Redis and queues like Kafka, SQS, MQ etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop would be a plus.
- You should be a creative problem-solver who demonstrates clear and thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
If you think you fit in with the above requirements, we’d love to talk to you about working in our organization.
Company Profile :
Conceptualized as far back as 2015, and commencing full-time operations in 2018, Blackstraw technologies Pvt Ltd. is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labelling, AI model-training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
With more than 150 years of combined work-experience, the 170+-strong Blackstraw Team comprises various experts in the AI value chain. We are a fast-moving team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use-cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
We are focused on providing solutions related to computer vision, natural language processing, Data annotation tools for deep learning models, etc. To stay competitive in business, it is key for organizations to adopt and implement smart AI solutions and service offerings. However, most companies are unable to implement AI rapidly due to the complexity of existing solutions, inadequate data and cost implications.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data.
Blackstraw operations are based out of Canada, USA & India. Our head office is based in Florida.