Business Development Leader
Oﬃce location: Remote, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 10+ years
The ideal candidate will have extensive and successful experience generating value for customers in IT services. He/ She generates revenue growth for the company by enjoying and effectively hunting for prospects and converting them into valuable sales leads while gaining the prospect’s trust. He/She should have an extensive rolodex/professional network based on years of successful and lasting relationship building and be able to develop relationships with client executives and decision-makers.
The candidate should feel very comfortable in converting technical language (ie. automation, data engineering, AI/ML, data science and data visualization) into client solution stories, and as such brings a wealth of experience in selling technology and IT services and/or solutions.
The business development leader has a history of over-achieving goals, excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to negotiate complex deals at an executive level. The candidate thinks strategically and acts with a sense of urgency. He or she enjoys the “hustle” and will be the client’s ambassador inside the company and take customer satisfaction and delight personally.
The ideal candidate is self-assured, confident, flexible, goal-oriented, and be strong team-oriented. The role would be considered senior and report to the president of the company.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of prospects, set up in-person or online meetings with decision-makers to discuss solutions, and move the sales process forward.
- Identify new business opportunities, build strategic partnerships, and generate revenue to meet and exceed targets.
- Ability to make a great first impression and maintain active engagement with new and existing leads.
- Build deep relationships with prospective clients by doing the necessary diligence to understand their business models, needs, strategies, and decision-making processes and criteria.
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline and meet revenue growth objectives.
- Active involvement in the company and externally in the industry.
- Foster a collaborative working environment where ideas and constructive opinions thrive.
- Maintain and update company CRM throughout the sales cycle.
- Travel is required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in sales for one or more of the following subject matters: SaaS, DaaS, enterprise, and AI/ML solutions.
- Strong relationship-building skills both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders, able to craft a captivating narrative – both written and in the discussion, avid storyteller.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales.
- Team player, responsive, reliable, and results-oriented.
- Empathetic, enthusiastic, and effective.
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to research, initiate, and cultivate business relationships with key executives, contacts, and sponsors.
- Thorough and detail-oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and evaluate current and new tools.
- Self-starter who can work independently with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
Blackstraw is a software products and services company specializing in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning solutions for various industries. We support businesses around the world, including North America, Europe, and Asia, working to simplify AI implementation through our platform that expedites data labeling, AI model training, and cloud or on-premise deployments.
Our mission is to enable enterprises to adopt AI in an easier, cost-effective, and time-efficient manner with a plug-and-play approach to their data. We believe in the power of data and deploy AI solutions to unleash powerful solutions that drive ROI for our clients across a variety of industries. Simplifying AI combined with quality and velocity in how we collaborate, build, and execute solutions for our clients makes us the ideal and preferred partner to any company. We are a fast-growing team that prides ourselves in rapidly identifying different use cases and fine-tuning our products to suit specific business needs.
Blackstraw has been named “The Emerging Technology Company of the Year 2022” by Tampa Bay Tech and is a Great Place to Work certified company. Blackstraw is headquartered in Florida, USA, and its operations are based out of Canada & India.